Nutritional Value Facts
A person normally requires a 2000 calorie diet daily. Based on this, the nutritional breakdown of 100 grams of Pearl Spot (Karimeen) Fish is:
- Protein: 12 grams
- Cholesterol: 20 milligrams
- Calories: 100 calories
- Carbohydrates: 2 grams
- Fats: 5 grams per serving
- Potassium: 0 milligrams
- Iron: 2 milligrams
- Sodium: 450 grams
The wellbeing benefits of Pearl Spot (Karimeen) Fish are as follows:
- High Protein: Karimeen is loaded with healthy protein derived from the Omega-3 fatty acids. It is great for muscle development.
- Vitamin K: The minerals help to lower blood pressure, and stabilize bone and heart health.
- Riboflavin: Also known as Vitamin B2 and it aids in proper cell building, keeping energy levels, and better metabolism.
- Folate: It helps to maintain hemoglobin levels and prevents anemic deficiency.
- Calcium: It builds bone density and is very nutritious during pregnancy and growing years of children.
- Healthy Fats: It contains healthy fats that keep the brain healthy and do not store any unhealthy fats in the body.
This delicacy is available as Pearl Spot (Karimeen) Fish, as whole fish cuts are cleaned, gutted, and scaled to perfection. They are perfect for immediate cooking.
Fish Texture & Taste
Pearl Spot (Karimeen) Fish has off-white flesh and a center bone that can be removed easily. The texture of the Pearl Spot (Karimeen) Fish flesh is light, flaky, and juicy with a sweet aroma.
The taste of the Pearl Spot (Karimeen) Fish owns a special flavor that mixes the subtle saline flavors, along with freshwater tastes and robust clay flavors in the smaller lagoons of Kerala.
Fish Recipe Ideas
Pearl Spot (Karimeen) Fish is a versatile, delicious fish that is perfect for Kerala fish recipe ideas. It is prepared for Christmas and New Year and marriage functions. From Kerala fish fry, grills, to karimeen mappas, Karimeen grilled in banana leaves.