Nutritional Value Facts
A person normally requires a 2000 calorie diet daily. Based on this, the nutritional breakdown of 100 grams of Crab (Seafood) is as follows:
- Protein: 18 grams
- Cholesterol: 97 milligrams
- Calories: 83 calories
- Carbohydrates: 0 grams
- Fats: 0.7 grams per serving
- Sodium: 395 milligrams
- Potassium: 259 milligrams
The wellbeing benefits of Crab (Seafood) are as follows:
- Omega-3 fatty acids: They are beneficial for brain and heart development, muscle growth, and memory power.
- Vitamin B2: Also known as Riboflavin, it helps in good eye health, skin nourishment, and strong nerve and blood system.
- Heart Health: With low cholesterol, this protein-rich food helps to build stronger hearts, fewer blood clots, and lesser cases of heart diseases.
- Selenium: Crabs have 12 times more selenium than beef and it is good for fertility, hormone balance, and thyroid functioning.
- Phosphorus: It aids in skeletal strength, develops bone density, and stabilizes the immune system.
We supply Frozen Crab that is skinned, cleaned, and packaged in whole chunks and smaller portions and with whole meat alone too. These are ready-to-use frozen crab meat perfect for any cuisine.
Texture & Taste
Crab texture is flaky, soft, juicy, and may have a brown to white color in the flesh, depending on the catchment location and crab variety. They are white when raw, and turn stringy and rubbery when cooked. The shells turn orange once cooked.
The taste of the Crab has a mild, sweet flavor of the freshwater, has a slight metallic saltiness in the flesh, and does not have a fishy odor at all.
If Crabs are in your refrigerator, give them a fabulous makeover with the famous Indian crab curry, or the Singapore Chili Crab recipe. For those who love a little gravy, we suggest the Indian Crab Masala Fry or Special Kerala Crab Roast hit your seafood cravings on the right note.