A person normally requires a 2000 calorie diet daily. Based on this, the nutritional breakdown of 100 grams of Seer Fish is as follows:
- Protein: 18 grams
- Cholesterol: 77 milligrams
- Calories: 136 calories
- Carbohydrates: 1 gram
- Fats: 7 grams per serving
- Saturated Fats: 0 grams
- Sodium: 60 milligrams
- Calcium: 2.7 milligrams
- Potassium: 305 mg
- Dietary Fiber: 1.8 grams
- Vitamin E: 2% of serving
- Niacin: 73.5% of serving
- Iron: 27.8% of serving
The wellbeing benefits of Seer Fish are:
- Omega-3 fatty acids: These acids will cure life-threatening bowel issues like ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. It cures inflammatory diseases and fights depression and other mental problems.
- Protein: With regular fish intake, people can enjoy a high protein diet that helps in stabilizing energy and skin nourishment.
- Cell & Joint repair: Fish provide the body with the required body collagen, so that effective cell repair, healthy joints, and cell regeneration are made possible.
- Stabilized blood pressure: Since fat content are low, it reduces blood pressure, as the blood vessels will not get clogged. That will prevent high blood pressure.
- Hypothyroidism: Neymeen/ Seer Fish enables the thyroid gland to produce the needed hormones for the body, thereby preventing cases of hypothyroidism.
- Improves eye vision: With the presence of Vitamin A and Omega-3 fatty acids, it ensures that night vision will be effective and prevent blurred vision
- Cancer-fighting ability: Seer Fish/Ayakoora contains notable percentages of selenium
- Skin replenishment: Enjoy supple skin and prevent various skin disorders, as the fish oils in Kingfish are good for the body.
This delicacy is available as Seer Fish whole dressed fish, firm steak cuts, Indian fish curry cuts pieces, special tail portion pieces, middle portion or loin chunks, and also loin curry cut cubes. It is cleaned, frozen, and packaged under the most hygienic conditions.
Texture & Taste
Seer Fish is delicious, has deep red meat that is marbled with fat layers. The texture of the Seer Fish flesh is juicy with less oil, light, flaky and moist to the taste.
The taste of the Seer Fish is tasty, with a lovely, deep seawater flavor. Once cooked, it is white, thick, but can come apart in delicate flakes. Only big bones are present and can be easily removed.
Seer Fish is a versatile, delicious fish that can be boiled, fried in Indian spices, and even delicately wrapped in banana leaves and cooked in coconut milk as per the Kerala fish recipe ideas.