Nutritional Value Facts
A person normally requires a 2000 calorie diet daily. Based on this, the nutritional breakdown of 100 grams of cooked Klathi is:
- Protein: 20 grams
- Cholesterol: 50 milligrams
- Calories: 90 calories
- Carbohydrates: 0% carbohydrate content
- Fats: 1 gram per serving
- Sodium: 40 milligrams
The wellbeing benefits of Klathi are as follows:
- Selenium: Serves as an excellent antioxidant that protects from excessive free radicals, cures heart-related diseases, fights cancer by regenerating cells.
- High Protein: It is an effective weight loss plan, bodybuilding regime without affecting energy levels.
- Lowers Blood pressure: Triggerfish regulates hypertension, lowering blood pressure and heart diseases
- Vitamin A: One can enjoy triggerfish to get their dose of Vitamin A, vitamin D, E, B. It enables the proper functioning of the eyes, reproductive systems, and kidneys as well.
- Thiamin: Better known as B1, and plays a vital role in using carbohydrates for better metabolism and muscle functioning.
- Zinc: The body needs zinc minerals to keep the body protected from deadly bacteria and unheard viruses. Add fish to your diet as zinc removes acne, skin problems and improves overall health.
- Magnesium: Triggerfish contain small quantities of magnesium that build a strong immune system and improve tissue functioning within the body.
- Vitamin E: It aids in proper brain development, skin repair, and cell regeneration.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: These fatty acids are good for heart health; reduce cardiovascular diseases and remove plaque in arteries.
This delicacy is available as Klathi (Triggerfish) fish steaks, which are farmed and cleaned under the most hygienic conditions.
Texture & Taste
Klathi (Triggerfish) has a tough outer skin that can be removed at the fishmonger. It has a firm, slightly oily white flesh.
The texture of the Klathi (Triggerfish) flesh is moist and will flake off when cooked to perfection.
The taste of the Klathi (Triggerfish) has a sweet flavor almost resembling crab meat or crayfish.
Klathi is a delicate fish that can be grilled or baked with citrusy herbs. This fish is best in coconut gravy fish curry recipes made in Kerala and Mangalore style.