Nutritional Value Facts
A person normally requires a 2000 calorie diet daily. Based on this, the nutritional breakdown of 100 grams of cooked Wahoo is as follows:
- Protein: 19 grams
- Cholesterol: 64 milligrams
- Calories: 167 calories
- Carbohydrates: 0% carbohydrate content
- Fats: 9 grams per serving
- Sodium: 78 milligrams
- PolySaturated Fats: 2.4 grams
- Monounsaturated Fats: 0 grams
- Calcium: small amounts are present
- Potassium: small amounts are present
- Phosphorus: small amounts are present
- Iron: small amounts are present
- Vitamin A: small amounts are present
- Vitamin: C: small amounts are present
The wellbeing benefits of Wahoo are as follows:
- Niacin (Vitamin B3): The vitamin helps the body to absorb nutrients and then convert them into energy, repair damaged cells, and expel toxins from the body. It reduces high cholesterol in the body.
- Vitamin B6: This water-soluble vitamin contains enzymes that break down excess fat and carbohydrates within the body. It is also essential for growing children for good brain health.
- Vitamin B12: It builds the red blood cells, reduces anemia and general body weakness.
- Lean Fish: As Wahoo has very low-fat content, this is a great muscle builder, keeps energy levels steady, and kicks off those hunger pangs.
- Omega-3 fatty acids (EPA &DHA): These fatty acids help to beat anxiety-related issues, and boost eye health, reducing cases of ADHD.
- Selenium: Serves as an excellent antioxidant that controls oxidative stress from free radicals, protects the heart, and fights cancer by regenerating cells.
- Phosphorous: It strengthens the cells and tissues of the human body, improves bone health, teeth quality, reduces cavities, repairs muscle tears.
- Balances body metabolism: It balances the metabolism, development of muscles, and the general physical and mental health of the human body.
This delicacy is available as Wahoo fish steaks, or fish fillets, which are farmed and cleaned under the most hygienic conditions.
Texture & Taste
In the Hawaiian language, Wahoo means delicious, and that gives a proper understanding of how much people love this seafood delicacy. It is white, slightly pinkish, and firm flesh and resembles a mackerel both in look and texture.
The texture of the Wahoo flesh is moist and will flake off when cooked to perfection.
The taste of the Wahoo has a slightly salty flavor depending on the catchment areas. It will lend an off-white color once cooked well.
Wahoo is suitable for many fish recipes. You can enjoy spicy grilled Wahoo recipe, grilled Indian seafood recipes with marinated Wahoo as it is easy to cook.