Nutritional Value Facts
A person normally requires a 2000 calorie diet daily. Based on this, the nutritional breakdown of 100 grams of White Pomfret Fish is:
- Protein: 17 grams
- Cholesterol: 24 milligrams
- Calories: 102 calories
- Carbohydrates: 1gram
- Fats: 1 gram per serving
- Calcium: 32 milligrams
- Potassium: 430 milligrams
- Iron: 2 milligrams
The wellbeing benefits of White Pomfret Fish are:
- Prevent Dementia: Human memory decrease over age; and its effects can be reduced with the regular intake of oily fishes like pomfret.
- Better Heart Health: The fish contains Omega-3 fatty acids to help prevent the occurrence of heart strokes and blood clots in the body.
- Cure for Anemia: The fish regulates hemoglobin levels and reduces anemia, eliminating weakness and nausea in people.
- Growth Stimulation: The fish contains Vitamin D is very good for growing children and balances the intake of protein, fats, and necessary vitamins.
- Healthy Fats: The white pomfret has zero carbohydrates levels; stopping the production of bad cholesterol and protecting the heart.
- Immunity Builder: It eliminates the toxins and builds immunity to fight against viruses and deadly bacteria.
- Cancer: Fish oils are useful for regenerating healthy cells and bringing a stop to the spread of cancer cells.
This delicacy is available as White Pomfret Fish as whole fish cuts are cleaned, gutted, and scaled to perfection. They are perfect for immediate cooking.
Texture & Taste
White Pomfret Fish has off-white flesh and a center bone that can be removed easily. The texture of the White Pomfret Fish flesh is light, flaky, and juicy, with a fishy smell.
The taste of the White Pomfret Fish is tasty, with a lovely deep seawater flavor. Once cooked, it will have white flesh, with a center bone that is easily removable.
White Pomfret Fish is a versatile, delicious fish that is perfect for Kerala fish recipe ideas. It is prepared for Christmas and New Year and marriage functions. From Kerala fish fry, grills, to pomfret fish poached in coconut milk and tempered with curry leaves.